AKC Registered German Shepherd-"Princess of Light and Roxy," answers to "Princess." Also answers to "dog."
- Obsessive personality-must touch you with at least one paw, usually with whole body; chases tail, won't share it; hoards red rubber balls, will fetch them even from your hand (hand might be left intact).
- Eats most anything. Prefers carrots, popcorn, and anything not picked up in the yard (including what she has left there!)
- Cannot understand that she is seventy pounds and knocks things down when she jumps up. Has broken picture frames, objects on the counter, and has scared small children to death.
- Barks incessantly. Has reduced the incidences of door-to-door sales in our home.
- Darts out the front door and runs down the street at every possible opportunity. Has to be chauffered home in the family Suburban, otherwise won't come home.
- Source of our current tick problem which has cost me the price of a new, stronger vacuum cleaner and pesticides which will probably lead to some rare disease down the road. (But thank goodness we won't get Lyme Disease-which I am told is as likely to be passed to us as a meteor is to hit our house!)
- Is so protective of her family that their friends cannot wrestle or swing a light saber at them without fearing for thier lives!
- Keeps us company on rainy nights, even in thunder and lightning.
- Guards the house while we are out and at night.
- Loves us no matter how many times we yell at her or call her "bad dog".
- Doesn't seem to mind being called "dumb dog," and willingly takes the blame for anything..
- Eats unwanted food groups and keeps the floor vacuumed.
- Always acts glad to see us, whether we've been gone for a few minutes, or a week.
Never mind. I think we'll keep her!