Monday, October 10, 2005

Compulsive Cleaning (AKA Help Someone's Stolen My Brain!)

I am not a neat freak. In fact, I think cleaning is over-rated. It's not that I'm crazy about my piles of paper and other stuff, it's just that I'd rather do something with a real person than take the time to clean it up. So my house tends to be a little cluttered. Well, the tick problem has cured me of some of that. I bought a new vacuum cleaner this weekend and now I'm obsessed! I want to vacuum my whole house! So far I've done three of the eight rooms, plus the hall and stairs. I think I've dumped eight or so cannisters of dirt and dust! Icky! And to think I'd lay on those floors! I wouldn't worry if it was just the vacuuming I was obsessed by, but it's the whole thing--cleaning the whole room. It actually feels so good to sit in my living room knowing how clean it is. And my boys, do THEY appreciate all the hard work I've put into cleaning that room for them? No way! They ate crackers in the living room tonight!

1 comment:

Erin said...

don't you love having a new vacuum? I absolutely love vacuuming, especially since we have the bagless kind and I can SEE what I've picked up. More times than not there is a Callie-sticker in there somewhere with all the dirt and hair too!
Love,
Erin