Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Two Firsts


**Sniff, sniff**

**sob, sob**

My oldest son just went off on his first junior high trip. They went to Wet and Wild today . . . on a bus . . . and he's leaving now, at 5:45 in the morning! Now I know I've done week-long camps and stuff like that, but somehow this is different! Worst of all? He packed his own stuff! I basically did nothing! He didn't sleep last night he was so excited. For hours he tossed and turned in my bed (hence, I didn't sleep either!), and told me he finally went downstairs to read and eat an apple. That was the second first--he had to get up in the middle of the night to eat! Oh, brother! I'd better install those key-locks on the pantry and 'fridge!

The only shining moment for mom? He's still too lazy to put his own sunscreen on!

No comments: