Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The High Cost of Being Cool

I discovered the high cost of being cool in my kids' eyes today. As I woke them today, earlier than we have seen since Thanksgiving, Josh and Stephen began tussling with each other. Just as I started to say, "Cut it out! Someone's going to get hurt!" Stephen's head was used by Josh as a battering ram-right into my nose! It hurt so bad I couldn't even get mad. As I lay on the bed trying to see through the paralyzing pain, I felt a trickly coming from my left nostril--that's right, I had a bloody nose! Now, being a girl, I can't recall ever having a bloody nose. Sorry, girls just don't fight like that. I can recall scratches (thanks Rob!). And I know I had bruises and skinned knees. But no bloody noses. Today, I got my first. The weird thing? My boys thought it was very cool! Needless to say, I've decided that I just want to be plain old boring. Hmmmm . . . I wonder if there was a connectin between my nose injury and us starting back to school today.

No comments: