Saturday, April 14, 2007

I Thought I Was OK with It . . .

. . . but now, I'm really not.

This week I turn 40. It was really no big deal as I saw it coming. In fact, I wanted to celebrate it . . . wanted to have a party to celebrate all the people God has given me in my life. But late March hit and I feel like the weeks are now crammed full of end-of-the-year activities and I can scarcely breathe. So no party. I'm not at all where I thought I'd be at this point in my life, and yet in some ways, I'm farther along than I dreamed.

It will probably be a quiet day. This is the time of year I really miss having close family nearby, and a husband who adores me. And I'm feeling again like I did last year: I want to pretend it's just another day . . . nothing special.

Or maybe this year I should wear black.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Dear Lisa,
Happy Birthday, friend! I don't know what day of this week your birthday falls but I hope that it was better than you expected.
Love you!