Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sometimes the Simplest Things . . .


. . . can entertain a boy!

Hello, I am a CD player. I have had a very useful life, playing all kinds of music and stories to my owner. But I'm old now, and I haven't been working right for a long time. Actually I really don't work at all, I just look like I'm working, but I'm not really doing what I'm supposed to do.

This week, it was through my death that I brought the greatest enjoyment. It is hard to believe that all those praise songs I sang weren't as pleasing as having my screws taken out. No one fought over which story to listen to like they fought over who would get my "chips." And nobody cut a rug to my tunes with as much pleasure as they cut my internal wires.

That's OK though. You should see my cousin, the CD boom box . . . they took a hammer to him! Now we are in pieces all over the house, and beyond. Will we ever be useful again? I don't think so.

No comments: