Friday, February 03, 2006

Do Ya Know How Much Trouble I'm In?

Ok, I quit. I have a five-year-old who is already hard to stay ahead of. The only saving grace up until now is that he can't cover his tracks well . . . or lie well . . . so he's easy to catch. Until now. I am up late, as usual. After backing up some files, I thought I would preview part of a movie the boys want to see. So I put in on my computer. Just before that AJ had been up to make a potty run, not happy about it, so I assumed he was sleepy and would go back to sleep. But something seemed fishy. See, he's sleeping on a cot in my room, but every time I would turn around to check and see if he was asleep he was. Or was he? Finally after about a dozen checks and asking him (in a whispered voice, of course!) if he was awake, I caught him! Peeking! FAKING SLEEP!! And doing a pretty convincing job of it. I'm telling you right now, if this one learns to cover his deception, I'm in serious trouble!

No comments: