Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hooray! Winter is Here!

I woke up early this morning to rain that has been coming down all night. If you're in Florida in January, that is like waking to snow. It means a cold-front is coming through. So I checked the weather predictions for today and discovered to my delight that it is finally going to be COLD!!! It's supposed to be in the 50's all day!!! (Yes, you heard me right, the 50's. Hello! We're in Florida, and it's not been below 60 all winter, so yes, I'm excited about 50 degree weather.) My apologies to those of you who are in the 20's, or even lower today, and who are facing snow, but be honest now, you've had unseasonable warm weather for most of this winter too, so what are you complaining about? Besides, who decided to live where it snows half the year?

It is going to rain and be cold all day. (OK. Stop rolling your eyes. I'm a native Floridian.) Stop by my homeschool blog to check out what I'm planning on doing for school today. Yes, I know I'm a bit impulsive, but today demands something different . . . . if only to celebrate the winter chill.

Can you hear my teeth chattering?

No comments: