Thursday, May 10, 2007

How Do You Keep a Good Dog Down?

Our dog Princess just had "the operation" a few days ago. In her recovery orders, I am supposed to keep her resting for 10 days!!! It was easy the first day when she was still sedated. My oh my, what a calm dog she was. (I think I want MORE of that med!) Yesterday she was back to her perky, spazzy self, but it was easy to keep her resting. We just spent the day trading her and Nathan in and out of the downstairs crate. But I realized what a chore I have ahead of me this next week. Today she thinks she can just do anything. She wants to be outside with the boys and with Nathan. I think she may be a little relieved that Nate is not being allowed to bite on her heels, but she does want to play. And if the gates are up, she is still jumping over them. How do you explain to a five-year-old German Shepherd that they have to take it easy or they will hurt themselves? Aaaarrrgggghhh!

It's easier to deal with boys who have to be still. At least they'll play PS2 and watch movies.

No comments: