Tuesday, March 13, 2007

We're Adopting a New Baby . . . Well, Maybe.

It's a baby boy! (Like I need another boys around here!) He's about six months old. The place where we found him thinks he might have been abused, but he is very easy-going and sweet. We fell in love with him as soon as we saw him yesterday, and went back today with the whole family to check him out again and fill out the applications.




OK, he's a dog. We are getting him from the Safe Animal Shelter in Clay County. The woman we talked to there thinks he is a Shepherd/Retriever mix. He really loved the boys the first day we looked; he wasn't so energetic this morning, but the woman said he had been outside playing all morning so he was tired. We took Princess to see him today, and she really didn't care about him, but we thought it was a good sign that she didn't dislike him.



He is to be a birthday present for Andrew (yeah, but don't worry! No illusions here about my involvement in his care. I do intend for him to be AJ's responsibility though!) AJ has been begging for a puppy now since before Christmas, and I have been thinking about it for over a year, so we're not going into this impulsively like we have before. Everybody is actually kind of excited about him. I think he will be good for AJ, who needs someone to take care of, and for Princess, who needs a friend when we're busy or not home. Does it sound like I'm rationalizing to you. Nawwww . . . not me!






1 comment:

Erin said...

What a cute boy! He reminds me of my puppy from when I was around Callie's age. I only remember him from pictures but my brother remembers him well and says he was a great dog. His name was Woody. AJ needs a dog, go for it! :)