Monday, August 17, 2009

I LOVE Homeschooling!

Things I love about a new year of homeschooling:

  • Snuggling together to pray and read the Bible. (OK. The teenager doesn't snuggle.)
  • The boys begging for their treat bags on the first day of school.
  • Eating breakfast together and TALKING!
  • Realizing I just got to be irritated at the nine-year-old because I had to tell him the two billionth time to sit down and do his math test. (Instead of being irritated at some stranger for bugging me!)
  • Hearing them read to me, and knowing I taught them to do that!
  • Racing from downstairs to upstairs and back again to help with problems and answer questions.
  • Doing my laundry and dishes while I work!
  • Hearing "what's for lunch?" and "is it lunch time yet?"
  • Stephen's jokes, Andrew's advice, and Josh's sarcastic comments.
  • Seeing checked off assignment sheets.
  • Grading math papers and realizing they've got it!
  • Hearing the comment, "C.S. Lewis was an amazing writer!"
  • Seeing the whole room stop to watch the cat try to steal beef jerky.
  • Laughing, giggling, playing, eating, getting mad, hugging, telling jokes, learning . . . and doing it all together!
  • Knowing we got through another day of school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is that time of year and I love it too...does that mean the weather will cool down now? I am looking forward to being able to be a bit more involved with some of our grandchildren and their home schooling.

HelenH

Carrie said...

I have one more thing to add from our house: Listening to the oldest read to the younger ones. It touches my heart. Bill says he can hear her use the same inflections that I use when I read outlout.